Here is a selection of pieces that may be useful for people looking for legal services, as well as how a development in the law may impact on your case. If there is a date after a particular link, then that relates to a news story.
As always, this is for general information only, if you need legal advice, speak to a lawyer.
General Legal Questions
- Do I need a lawyer?
- Can I use you for a public access case?
- Can I appeal my conviction (or sentence)?
Specific Criminal Questions
- Illegal Working – all change? Big changes in the Immigration Act 2016
- Can you be guilty of obtaining leave to enter by deception if you’re a family member of an EEA Citizen?
- Should I be worried if my barrister works for the CPS in other cases?
- Victims’ Right to Review – how to appeal a CPS decision
- Discounting a benefit fraud to take account of other benefits not claimed
- Can police officers sit on juries
- Is there a right of appeal of appeal to the Supreme Court against an interlocutory appeal?
Specific Immigration Questions
- I’m an EEA national – what do I do post-Brexit?
- What’s new in the Immigration Act 2016 for inspection and enforcement powers? (Lexis interview)
- Immigration – Looking ahead to 2017
A Guide to Criminal Procedure